If your fitness goal is losing weight, there’s nothing better than walking, jogging, and running! Walking is the sort of exercise you can keep up for hours without tiring, especially if you’re entertained (by a TV show, movie, or audiobook).
Jogging is great for helping to increase your cardiovascular endurance and activated stored fats for burning. Running is an amazing form of anaerobic exercise that can lead to serious calorie-burning. All in all, these three exercises are excellent for getting in shape.
Treadmills make it easier for you to do all three without ever leaving the comfort of your home or gym. You can get in a quick run, a longer jog, or hours of walking right on your treadmill. The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is a high-rated treadmill and one of the options we believe you may want to consider. Below, we have a complete review of this exercise machine…
- 1 About the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- 2 Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill
- 3 LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
- 4 ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Final Thoughts
About the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
Make no mistake: this is NOT a hardcore treadmill! Don’t expect to put this thing through its paces like you would at the gym. If you’re a heavier or taller user, the treadmill may not be right for you. If you plan on doing a lot of high-intensity sprint training (running at full speed), this lightweight treadmill won’t keep up.
However, for those who want to jog or walk at home, the Weslo Cadence is a great choice. It’s lightweight, compact, and easily folded to store out of the way. The design is intended to reduce space used, and you’ll find it’s a highly size-efficient machine.
If you have a home gym, this is a great option to help you maximize your workout space with as much equipment as possible. Pull it out to use it, then fold it and put it away when you’re done.
- Product weight: 119 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 31 x 68 inches
- 6 different workout presets
- Heart rate monitor included
- Compatible with iFit
- Adjustable incline (2 positions)
- Price: $287
The machine comes with six programmed workouts integrated into the treadmill console, so you can try the workout that suits your desires best: fat burning, weight loss, cardiovascular endurance, etc. You can also run the treadmill manually, which allows you to increase or decrease the resistance, speed, and manual incline as desired.
There are only two incline positions, but the higher incline will give you a good way to do “hill running” or walking. The LCD screen displays your workout session results, including calories burned, distance run/walked, and even your heart rate. The Easy Pulse sensor on the treadmill console allows you to measure your heart rate as you run so you can stay within your “Target Zone”.
The treadmill deck comes with added comfort cell cushioning built in. The cushioning helps to reduce the impact on your joints, making it easier for you to run, jog, or walk without straining your knees, ankles, and lower back.
Pros of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
Here are a few things users love about the G 5.9 Weslo Cadence Treadmill:
- Great value for the money, no doubt about it! The treadmill will run you less than $300, and it delivers a great piece of equipment to use at home. While it may not be the most durable or versatile treadmill on the market, it does offer reliability and a space-saving design that’s ideal for a compact home gym setup.
- The treadmill is easy to assemble right out of the box. The manual comes with clear step-by-step instructions of how to put it together, and you need only basic tools to set it up. It’s not so heavy that it’s difficult to assemble.
- The included features make it a good option for newbie trainees. You have six pre-set workout program options to choose from, so you can start working out even if you don’t know how to set up your own sprint training or HIIT workout. Thanks to the heart rate monitor, calorie counter, and other features, you can keep track of your intense workout progress.
- The comfort cell cushioning built into the treadmill is top-notch and helps to reduce joint strain. For newbies, it’s the perfect introduction to running without causing pain in your knees, back, and ankles.
Cons of the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
As with any product, the Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill isn’t without its flaws. Here are a few we’ve found:
- The treadmill isn’t great for heavier and taller users. The maximum stride is 50 inches, so anyone over 6′ tall may have a hard time with it. The weight limit is also 250 pounds, so heavier users won’t be able to run without breaking the treadmill.
- The manual incline has to be adjusted manually—you literally have to STOP the machine and raise or lower the treadmill deck by hand. You won’t be able to transition from a flat run to a hill run or vice versa. There is also only two incline positions, so less options for hill runs.
- The warranty is fairly short—just 24 months. Most treadmills begin to have problems around the 2-year mark, and you need the warranty by Year 3-5. But no dice with this treadmill, thanks to the 24-month warranty!
Other Options to Consider
Not sure the G 5.9 Weslo Cadence Treadmill is the right product for you? Consider these alternatives instead:
Sunny Health & Fitness Treadmill
This is another budget treadmill (just $200), one that can only handle up to 220 pounds of runner. However, it has 9 programmed workouts and 3 incline levels.
The machine has a 2.20 HP motor that keeps the treadmill belt spinning even when you’re running at full speed.
The machine is built for smaller, lighter runners, but it will be as space-saving as the Weslo treadmill. There are even handrail controllers that allow you to start, pause, and stop the treadmill mid-run.
LifeSpan TR1200i Folding Treadmill
This folding treadmill is designed with the same economy of space as the Weslo treadmill, but with a 300-pound weight limit rather than just 250 pounds.
The 56-inch running surface can accommodate taller runners as well. With a 2.5 HP motor, the LifeSpan TR1200i treadmill will keep spinning through any workout.
The 21 pre-set exercise programs help you target fitness from every angle (weight loss, endurance, fat burning, HIIT, etc.).The treadmill comes with a lifetime warranty for the motor and frame.
On the downside, it costs $899, significantly more than the Weslo!
ProForm 505 CST Treadmill
This is a machine that can definitely handle heavier (325-pound weight limit) and taller (60-inch stride length) runners.
The audio system is compatible with iPods, so you can plug in your music or audiobook to entertain yourself as you run.
The ProForm 505 CST treadmill can be folded up for storage, but it has a solid, durable feel that makes it a great choice for daily runners.
The incline is automatically adjusted, making it perfect for hill runs. With the ProShox cushioning built in, you get a comfortable run every time.
It’s well worth the $600+ you’ll pay for it!
Answer: The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill appears to have some really cool features and is definitely worth it if you are not an outdoor runner and would love to have the gym in your house. And there are 6 Personal Trainer Workouts to keep you motivated and maximize your weight loss!
Answer: With 4.800 employees, Icon Health and Fitness is the largest manufacturer of exercise equipment. They are based in Logan, Utah, United States and have over 10 manufacturing facilities in the USA, Canada and China and you will find very affordable treadmills with a variety of programmed workouts.
Answer: Yes. Downloading the iFit app on your smart device will enable you to record and track your workouts. And what’s important is to maintain a proper heart rate while exercising, which is easily achievable with the Chest Heart Rate Monitor.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill is an affordable treadmill that delivers decent quality at an AMAZINGLY low price. It’s not the most durable machine on the market, yet it is ideal if you’re a newbie runner or jogger trying to get your home gym set up.
You may upgrade eventually, but it will get you started with your daily runs, walks, or jogs. It offers reliable functions, some versatility, and all the fitness tracking options you need to get in shape.