The Bowflex C6 bike provides great functionality at a pretty affordable price. It is definitely an excellent alternative to the more expensive Peloton bike. I am personally a fan of all Bowflex equipment due to its sturdy frames, comfy structure, and well-built design.
I’ve tried this C6 indoor cycling tool to be able to share my honest impressions with all of you. So, if you want a good-quality product that’s both durable and not too expensive, this model might be the right choice for your needs.
- 1 What Is Bowflex C6?
- 2 Bowflex C6 Review – Main Features
- 2.1 LCD Backlit Computer Console
- 2.2 Horizontal and Vertical Handlebar Grips
- 2.3 Pedals with Cadence Sensors
- 2.4 100 Levels of Magnetic Resistance
- 2.5 Bluetooth
- 2.6 Front Mounted Hand Weights
- 2.7 Four Adjustment Points
- 2.8 Armband Heart Rate Strap
- 2.9 Construction
- 2.10 Storage and Folding
- 2.11 Warranty
- 2.12 Additional Features
- 3 Bowflex C6 Review – Pros and Cons
- 4 Bowflex C6 Review – Main Alternatives
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions about Bowflex C6
- 6 Bowflex C6 Review – Final Thoughts
What Is Bowflex C6?
Bowflex C6 is an indoor bike made by a reputable company. With this indoor exercising machine, you will gain access to no less than 100 available levels of magnetic resistance. There are also four adjustment points to increase your comfort and a computer console.
But the amazing features don’t stop there. This bike also comes with flat pedals with dual SPD, a tablet holder, cadence sensors, and Bluetooth. It may look like many other indoor trainers but don’t be fooled by its design. Unlike your basic hotel gym bike, this one has many special and interesting features.
Obviously, you can still use it to spin for a couple of minutes without activating any of its special functions. One of its greatest advantages is that it allows you to sync many useful fitness apps with your bike.
Who Is Bowflex C6 Good for?
This indoor bike focuses on several key features and it is good for people who:
- Are looking for high-quality fitness machines with a sturdy frame
- Want something that suits all body types
- Don’t have too much space at home and are searching for a compact bike to fit one of their rooms
- Want something that has a high level of integration with numerous cycling apps
- Don’t want to spend a lot of money on an indoor cycling tool
- Desire to use a quiet bike that doesn’t make noise and can be easily used in a space that they share with others
Who Isn’t Bowflex C6 Good for?
If you are in one of the following categories, then this product might not suit your preferences and needs:
- People who want their indoor bikes to come with an automatic incline feature
- Those who want to use Bowflex C6 with their existing bike
- Individuals who want their indoor bikes to feature an integrated display
Bowflex C6 Review – Main Features
Let’s discover some of the most important features of the Bowflex C6 indoor bike.
LCD Backlit Computer Console
Most of the commercial bikes for spinning that are available on the market don’t have consoles, or, if they do, those consoles are pretty basic. Therefore, the fact that C6 comes with a more advanced console represents a huge competitive advantage.
On this computer, you will see your speed, estimated calories, and many other useful insights.
Horizontal and Vertical Handlebar Grips
The C6 model comes with various handlebar grips that feature a spongy coating to amplify your level of comfort. They are also resistant to sweat. On this bike, you will find more than just one hand position to suit various riding styles.
Pedals with Cadence Sensors
These smart sensors located in the pedals will send insights such as your speed and RPM’s to the console. These details are also transmitted to 3rd party apps that you have synced with the bike. Still, in some situations, you may be required to adjust the metrics to make sure they are calibrated properly with those specific apps.
100 Levels of Magnetic Resistance
There’s a resistance knob that you can use to adjust your desired resistance level. The knob is located on the top tube. All the levels are easy to use. They are pretty much similar to the ones featured by the Peloton indoor bikes.
Due to the Bluetooth feature of this Bowflex bike, you can sync many external fitness apps with this workout machine. Through those apps, you can then stream any of your favorite spin classes or workouts that will appear on the tablet while you’re riding.
On the other hand, C6 doesn’t include any app memberships so, you must subscribe and create a new account if you want to use an external app.
Front Mounted Hand Weights
The hand weights of this bike are mounted in front and they are very easy to reach. For increased convenience, these three lbs. weights are located under the cage where you normally place your water bottle.
Four Adjustment Points
Both the seat and the handlebars can be adjusted horizontally or vertically, in an up-down or forward-backward position. By comparison, many other similar products only provide three adjustment points instead of four. So, having one extra point is definitely a plus.
You can move the handlebars if you want to achieve a bigger space between your knees. The handlebars can be adjusted to suit your size and be easier to reach.
Armband Heart Rate Strap
The armband strap that measures your heart rate and comes with this indoor bike is much more comfortable and less invasive compared to a chest strap that becomes sweaty in a matter of minutes. This feature has an HR monitor that sends your heart rate fluctuations to either the bike’s console or to the compatible app you’re using.
The frame is made of durable steel and the design focuses on stability. There are stabilizers located in both the back and the front of the bike to hold it securely. The saddle is lightly padded and the style of the seat resembles one of racing bikes. You should take good care of the saddle, though, because it isn’t replaceable.
The flat pedals have a cage to keep your feet fixed. These hybrid SPD pedals can accommodate numerous types of sports shoes. The Bowflex C6 bike comes with a weighted flywheel that’s very quiet and the bike weighs 106 lbs. It can support a weight of up to 330 lbs.
Storage and Folding
Unfortunately, this indoor spin bike doesn’t fold up. However, you can rely on the wheels that are placed under the front stabilizers to move the bike around and out of your way. Be careful and make sure you remove all the weights before doing that. Otherwise, those weights might tumble down and hurt your toes.
Another item you should remove before moving the bike around is the tablet. One other thing I usually do is place a mat or a thin and even rug under the bike to keep it secure and lower both noise and floor vibration.
The company’s warranty policy is more than decent:
- You will have a 10-year warranty for the bike’s frame
- The warranty for all the parts and electronics is available for 3 years
- There’s also a one-year labor warranty
- There are not one but two oversized cages for water bottles
- To activate the console, you need a power source
- To run the apps, you need an Internet connection
Bowflex C6 Review – Pros and Cons
Here are some of the pros and cons that this product has.
- You can benefit from customized rides with this affordable bike due to its app integration capabilities
- This product is virtually silent. Unlike many other indoor bikes, the C6 has a quiet flywheel that doesn’t make any noise
- With this machine, you will enjoy cardiovascular workouts that are also low-impact
- It is a lightweight bike with a compact structure that doesn’t occupy as much space as other machines such as rowers or treadmills
- Its hybrid pedals allow all users to enjoy this fitness equipment because it supports any athletic and SPD shoe
- The design is a sleek one, featuring a black and red color combo that looks chic
- There are four adjustment levels that allow bikers to find the perfect fit regardless of their size or weight
- This bike model is quite new on the market. Therefore, the information regarding its long-term durability is limited
- If you want to sync a 3rd party app with your bike, you must know that those who created the app will require their own subscription
- You must use a tablet as the screen of the bike which is normally smaller compared to the displays of other bike brands such as Nordictrack and Peloton
- The platform that holds the tablet doesn’t come with an adjustable clip and it doesn’t swivel either. Also, you might need to take off any protection cover you use for your tablet for it to become a perfect fit for the holder
Bowflex C6 Review – Main Alternatives
Here are some viable alternatives to the Bowflex C6 indoor bike:
NordicTrack S22i Cycle
The Nordic Track indoor bike comes with innovative technology and it has an automated incline and decline function that you can adjust while you’re riding. It works based on a mix of resistance and incline which leads to an enhanced calorie burn.
It syncs with iFit where you can find more than 16,000 different workouts. You can control both the incline and resistance manually from the bike’s extension grip handlebar. There are three adjustment points and a flywheel that generates a smooth motion.
The Peloton bike might be an expensive choice but it is by far one of the best products of its kind. All Peloton bikes come with touchscreen tablets that are Wi-Fi-enabled and have a diagonal of 21.5 inches. To gain a clearer idea of how popular this brand is, you should know that, at the end of last year, the company had over 4.4 million subscribers.
The design of this product is sleek and well-built. All the adjustments can be done easily and quickly. Both pedals, as well as the flywheel, move smoothly and are almost completely silent. Users can adjust the saddle in depth, height, or both. The saddle is very comfy and the handlebars have a good grip.
This indoor bike made by SoulCycle is an elite fitness product that allows users to experience engaging and interactive training sessions. As a user, you will gain access to a wide range of different workouts sourced from leading fitness brands.
Every single component that this bike includes is made of high-quality commercial-grade materials such as carbon fiber. Simply put, this bike was created to last a long time. It is a very inclusive indoor bike in terms of the user’s weight and height. It features Bluetooth connectivity and wheels for increased portability.
The Bowflex VeloCore bike allows users to lean while they’re riding. It features an HD touchscreen available in two sizes. The flywheel system relies on magnetic resistance and it is very quiet. There’s an armband that monitors your heart rate and has Bluetooth connectivity.
The pedals are caged to keep your feet in place but this bike is also compatible with regular road bike pedals. Another important perk comes from the fact that the product’s handlebars are multi grip for your comfort. Finally, the package includes numerous workout programs and access to Hulu, Netflix, and more.
Frequently Asked Questions about Bowflex C6
Answer: This model is one of the company’s newest items on the market and it came as a surprise. The C6 is definitely worth it, especially because it provides many interesting features at a more affordable price than Peloton bikes.
Answer: This bike relies on magnetic resistance so, all your rides will be quiet and smooth. Moreover, this fitness equipment comes with a set of dumbbells and a respectable warranty.
Answer: You can use the bike as it is for a simple ride without any subscription. However, if you want to stream numerous workout programs, you will have to sync several fitness apps with the bike and those apps require new users to subscribe to their memberships. Bowflex is currently recommending its clients to use this bike with the Peloton app that features an amazing library of pre-recorded workouts.
Bowflex C6 Review – Final Thoughts
To be honest, I was truly impressed with the Bowflex C6 indoor bike and the way it was built. It has so many nice features that make it stand apart from numerous other similar fitness machines. For instance, its pedals aren’t made of plastic which can be easily broken but of durable aluminum.
The C6 model is a very good choice for an indoor bike due to its sturdy frame and sleek design. This fitness equipment is solid and well-built. Its frame, as well as all its engineering elements, is top-notch. It features a versatile geometry that works well for all riders, regardless of their size.
So, in my opinion, this bike is worthy of your consideration!