Unfortunately for their health, many people spend hours in front of the computer without moving away from their desks. Most office workers only take a short lunch break and that’s it. Using the Cubii Jr elliptical device will help you exercise more while sitting down and include a bit of movement into your everyday work routine.
Let’s explore some of the most important features, advantages, and drawbacks that the leading compact seated elliptical has to offer.
- 1 What Is Cubii Jr?
- 2 Cubii Jr Review – Main Features
- 3 Cubii Jr Review – Assembly and Shipping
- 4 Cubii Jr Review – Price, Warranty, and Accessories
- 5 Cubii Jr Review – Pros and Cons
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions about Cubii Jr
- 7 Cubii Jr Review – Main Alternatives
- 8 Cubii Jr Review – Let’s Recap
What Is Cubii Jr?
Cubii Jr is a compact and interesting elliptical machine that was designed to be used as an under-desk workout tool. Simply put, you can move your legs and pedal your feet without standing up or leaving your office desk. So, even though you will remain seated, you will still exercise.
The device has two pedals but they are quite different from the ones you would normally see on a regular upright elliptical bike, the kind you can find at any fitness gym. Cubii Jr comes with 8 available resistance levels and there’s also a dial on the main body to adjust the resistance.
On a small screen, you will see useful metrics such as strides, calories, RPM (revolutions per minute), and distance. The tool is portable due to its compact size. There’s also a handle to enable hassle-free transportation. It comes with chair anchors that are the size of a hockey puck. These anchors will suit the majority of office chair wheels to prevent the seat from rolling away.
There’s a Jr. addition to the name of this product because the manufacturer also produces the Cubii Pro device which, among other characteristics, features a Bluetooth sync option that enables the user to connect the data recorded by this exercising tool to his or her smartphone via Android or iPhone apps.
Nevertheless, Cubii Jr is much more popular than Cubii Pro, according to the reviews.
Cubii Jr Review – Main Features
Unlike Cubii Pro, Cubii Jr doesn’t have Bluetooth connectivity and you cannot use it in an upright position. At the same time, this device is pretty easy to use and it provides great value for the money. It will help you stay active and healthy without interrupting your office work.
1. Ergonomic Design
This portable elliptical weighs only 25 pounds and its measurements are 23″ x 17.5″ x 10″. It is lightweight and compact which means you can use it anywhere you want: at the office, at home, on a holiday, etc. The gliding movements are ergonomic and quiet so you can keep working on your projects without interruptions or distractions.
You can easily store it when you’re not using it due to Cubii Jr.’s space-efficient design. Between the pedals, the manufacturing company has wisely placed a carrying handle to make both transportation and storage very straightforward.
Once you open the package, you will be glad to see that the product is shipped almost totally assembled. All that’s left to do is fit a couple of screws which will only take 2-3 minutes.
2. Low-Impact Exercise
This exerciser is a low-impact one. Its patented angles provide you with super-smooth motion. So, you won’t feel any discomfort in your hips, ankles, knees, or any other body area for that matter. This is a tool that works amazingly for a daily office workout but, at the same time, could do wonders for home post-injury rehabilitation.
The movements you will do are part of a cardiovascular workout which will get your legs pumping while strengthening your heart. It is a very good choice for people who deal with mobility issues or joint pain.
3. Magnetic Resistance
The magnetic responsive resistance of the Cubii Jr tool is adjustable. You can choose from one of the 8 available levels and make it easier or harder, based on your current needs and desire. The tension control knob located on the front part of the device is the one that you must use to increase or decrease the machine’s resistance.
4. Works Smoothly and Quietly
In terms of noise level, many workout machines are quite loud. At the office, nobody likes to make noise and disturb the other colleagues while using an exercising tool. With Cubii Jr, you don’t have to worry about that because the way it functions is very quiet, almost noiseless, I would say.
It is a discreet machine that will enable you to efficiently multitask.
5. Built-in Display Monitor
On the front, you will find a built-in display monitor that’s very easy to read in order to keep track of your exercise and workout progress. The small LCD screen monitors how many calories you consumed, your total workout time per session, distance, and other metrics.
6. Pedals and Motion
Each pedal has a length of 14 inches and a width of 6 inches. The pedals are cushioned for non-slip purposes. Users can work out on this device with or without their shoes on. The distance between the two pedals was carefully-thought to prevent joint pain or injury.
With this tool, every stride equals boosted efficiency, comfort, and safety. The pedals’ surface is also very comfy. So, you can easily work out with your sports shoes or barefoot.
7. Chair Type and Desk Height
You can use this portable elliptical device under desks with a height of around 25 inches. Although the machine is well-created so that you have enough space around your feet, you should still make sure that your desk provides plenty of room around your leg and foot area.
For increased stability, you should use an office chair that doesn’t have wheels. Nevertheless, Cubii comes with a two-wheel stopper that comes in handy if your chair has wheels.
Cubii Jr Review – Assembly and Shipping
In the case of Cubii Jr, shipping is free of charge. You will have to wait between 2 and 5 days to receive the product, based on your US location. Assembling the machine is more than easy. All you have to do is follow these three steps:
- Screw and then repeat.
You will find all the detailed instructions inside the package. Besides all the necessary guidelines that are offered in a clear manner, you will also get a screwdriver in the product’s delivery box which is extremely useful.
Cubii Jr comes pretty much assembled. You will only have to add the pedals and each pedal has two insertions where you will need to place the screws.
“Not sure which Cubii is right for you? Check out our Cubii vs Cubii Jr vs Cubii Go comparison here.”
Cubii Jr Review – Price, Warranty, and Accessories
The price of the Cubii Jr starts somewhere around $249. By the time you’re seeing my review, this price could be different. Regarding the warranty, in my opinion, the company provides a decent policy:
- A one-year warranty on all the device’s parts;
- One-month free return and a full refund, no questions asked;
- To speed things up and become eligible for the warranty, I recommend you to register your Cubii elliptical on the company’s website.
Ok, I know what some of you will say: that Cubii Jr costs more than many regular chair elliptical bikes available on the market. But what I am asking you to do is to think about all the useful and innovative high-tech features that this machine comes with; not to mention, its durable mechanical parts.
I have tried several ellipticals in my lifetime and I don’t exaggerate when I say that Cubii Jr beats all those other products I’ve tried so far. Not only is this a popular brand but it’s also created by a reputable company.
Cubii Jr Review – Pros and Cons
Here are some important pros and cons that I think you should know about.
Main Advantages of the Cubii Jr Elliptical
- Great customer service – you may say this is a pretty expensive machine and you’re right but it also provides you with a lot of important benefits. One of the most important pros is the company’s prompt customer service. The manufacturer provides helpful US-based customer support via email and phone. Buyers can even contact the CEO himself in case of major concerns that last even after talking to a team’s representative;
- Reliability – this product is created with high-quality parts and its main structure is very solid. So, it may cost a few extra bucks, but you will purchase a sturdy workout device, one that will last for many years.
- Natural pedal motion due to the elliptical’s heavy freewheel;
- Powerful magnetic resistance that challenges you even though you continue to sit down on a chair;
- It is a silent tool for cardio movements;
- The industry-leading pedal design is both comfy and safe as well as low-impact;
- Comes with a durable handle for increased portability;
- The assembling instruction are clear and easy to follow and the box comes with the necessary tool;
- Both pedals have cushioned surfaces for non-slip purposes;
- The drive system is bidirectional and has resistance levels in both directions.
Main Disadvantages of the Cubii Jr Elliptical
- Heavy weight – at first sight, 25 pounds aren’t much but once you discover that you tend to move this device around using only one hand, then its weight becomes heavier. The heavy base construction together with the flywheel are a good thing because they prevent skidding and offer a smooth and carefree pedaling motion;
- Small dark screen – the onboard tracking monitor is very useful but, if you ask me, it should’ve been a tad bigger and lighter. When you’re sitting on a chair and look down to see your workout progress, you might feel that the screen is dark and quite small.
- Unlike standard ellipticals, Cubii Jr cannot be used while standing in an upright position;
- If your office chair has wheels and you cannot change it yet, the workout might not feel very comfortable;
- This fitness device mostly works your lower body so, you can’t really use it to tone or strengthen your upper body muscles.
Frequently Asked Questions about Cubii Jr
Cubii Pro and Cubii Jr are pretty much similar but there’s one major difference that makes them stand apart: Cubii Pro has Bluetooth connectivity while Cubii Jr doesn’t. With that particular feature, you can connect the Cubii Pro elliptical to your smartphone via a dedicated app that allows you to track your workout progress and even share those details on social media.
According to the company that produces and markets Cubii Jr, this tool will tone the following muscle groups: your abs and core area, hamstrings, glutes, quads, calves, and hip flexors. So, there are many body areas that you can strengthen by using this workout device.
Yes, you can definitely lose weight and tone up by using this exercising product, especially if you also take care of the things you eat. Pedaling on Cubii Jr every day while also eating healthy and whole foods will certainly help you achieve your weight-loss goals.
This compact seated elliptical allows you to work out and maintain a healthy and active lifestyle while also enabling you to multitask. For instance, you can pedal while working at the office, watching TV, or reading a book. It is a great tool for beginners or those who have suffered from physical injuries and require a low-impact workout.
Cubii Jr Review – Main Alternatives
Here are some other great alternatives that function similarly to Cubii Jr.
1. FitDesk Elliptical Trainer
Instead of a treadmill or an upright elliptical machine, you could surely give this under-desk tool a try. FitDesk is portable and compact and it can also be used from a standing position. It weighs only 13 lbs. and it functions very quietly. The display screen shows metrics like calories, distance, and time.
2. DeskCycle Pedal Exerciser
This is a highly convenient workout machine that was created to help users keep or improve their shape and muscular tonus while working at the office in perfect silence. The balanced flywheel features a twin belt drive that boosts the overall performance of the DeskCycle tool.
3. Cubii Pro Elliptical
The Cubii Pro under-desk workout machine comes with incredible features and it has a design that ensures optimal comfort. It comes with adjustable resistance levels and the construction is ergonomic to help you maintain a correct and comfy posture. What I like most about it is its Bluetooth connectivity.
Cubii Jr Review – Let’s Recap
A sitting elliptical might not seem like much but it provides numerous health and physical benefits such as improved blood circulation, a stronger heart, weight loss, relaxation, and many more.
Cubii Jr is a great rehabilitation tool for people who deal with joint or mobility issues but it can also be effectively used by healthy individuals.