Last Updated on
The X3 Bar is a very popular piece of fitness equipment that many people want to own. However, many others might want to purchase something similar in terms of effectiveness but at a much more affordable price.
For those of you who search for X3 Bar alternatives, I have created the following list with some of the best portable home gyms on the market, all of which rely on resistance bands and other muscle-building accessories.
- 1 The Best X3 Bar Alternatives to Consider
- 2 1. Gorilla Bow
- 3 2. Body Boss Resistance System
- 4 3. Tension Toner
- 5 4. Black Mountain Resistance Bands
- 6 5. Tribe Resistance Band Set
- 7 6. Bowflex Home Training System
- 8 Things to Look for in Any X3 Bar Alternative
- 9 FAQs About the X3 Bar
- 10 The Best X3 Bar Alternative – Final Thoughts
The Best X3 Bar Alternatives to Consider
1. Gorilla Bow
Gorilla Bow is a portable and lightweight home gym device that enables users to perform many of the exercises they could do on traditional fitness machines. It can be stored easily and there’s even a travel version that features a foldable frame. If you cannot afford to buy more complex but also bulkier workout equipment, Gorilla Bow will help you save both space and money.
With this system, you can tone and strengthen every major muscle group. This product is effective because it combines HIIT circuit training with resistance bands. You will burn calories and grow muscle mass around your arms, legs, abs, and glutes. It is safe to use and works great regardless of your age or fitness level.
It has an innovative yet straightforward design and its construction is made of high-quality materials, including aircraft aluminum.
- Gorilla Bow allows users to do a wide range of toning and strengthening exercises;
- It is made of premium materials that are very durable;
- The design is simple and sleek;
- It is easy to store and highly portable;
- This is a versatile fitness product that can be used in many ways;
- You can adjust its resistance;
- You will enjoy a full-body workout;
- It comes with a 2-year warranty.
- You cannot fold the bow to stash it away into your suitcase but you can opt for the travel model if you want a collapsible item;
- The resistance bands don’t feature their strength level so you will have to learn and remember those.
2. Body Boss Resistance System
The Body Boss Portable Gym uses a system based on resistance bands. The package contains a variety of different bands, a door anchor, videos with workout tutorials, and a workout bar. All these elements are included in a compact case.
Before exercising, you must first unfold the case which you will use as a platform to stand on. It is stable so you won’t slip. Then, attach the resistance bands with clips and start your workout routine. The bar and the handles allow users to do numerous movements like barbell curls, squats, regular curls, and even exercises that simulate boxing.
It is a simple yet effective product that’s sold at an affordable price. With it, you will embark on a self-focused adventure that requires creativity as well as inner motivation and perseverance.
- It is a versatile and portable device that helps you maintain a healthy lifestyle;
- Its structure is sturdy, lightweight, and well-designed;
- This device is easy to use and it combines effectiveness with convenience;
- There’s a great workout program included in the package;
- You have the possibility to choose from one of the following colors: pink, yellow, or green;
- You can adjust its resistance and tone your entire body.
- It involves a lot of willpower because you’ll be working out alone, at home, without any supervision;
- You won’t be able to do bench presses if you don’t own a separate bench;
- You will only receive two resistance bands;
- The warranty is offered only for the first year since the purchase;
- The accessories that come with the mainframe cannot be kept inside the folded platform.
3. Tension Toner
With the Tension Toner foldable workout bar, you will be able to perform strength and resistance exercises and make your workout routine more effective due to the product’s band-based system. What makes Tension Toner stand out is its built-in resistance that you can use to tone multiple muscle groups at once.
There are plenty of exercises fitness enthusiasts can do with this home gym product such as bicep curls, triceps pull-down, back raises, shoulder presses, and many others. It works excellently for those who want to work out at home or during their trips. The item is the ideal choice for small spaces.
Tension Toner was created by Joe Sans who is a personal trainer. According to him, his invention can also help those who deal with issues such as shoulder injuries and who cannot do weight training.
- It is a home gym system that helps you burn fat, lose weight, and build lean muscle mass at home;
- The structure is well-built and made of high-quality materials;
- You don’t need a lot of space to use it;
- It is a versatile and affordable fitness product;
- It is extremely versatile and you can use it anywhere you are.
- It might take you a bit of time to get the hang of it, especially when it comes to managing the bar;
- Some clients think that the manufacturer should improve the quality of the carrying bag;
- The center part of the resistance band might be too stretched and rigid which can make it difficult for some people to use;
- The quick start guide comes on a background that’s hard to read.
4. Black Mountain Resistance Bands
The resistance band set made by Black Mountain is one of the most popular X3 bar alternatives out there. It is a bestseller on many online selling platforms. The package contains five different resistance bands made of durable synthetic rubber, each one with its own stretching level:
- Yellow – 2-4 pounds;
- Blue – 10-12 pounds;
- Green – 4-6 pounds;
- Black – 15-20 pounds;
- Red – 25-30 pounds.
Besides the resistance bands, the package also contains an ankle strap, a door anchor, an exercise chart, a couple of cushioned foam handles, and a carrying bag.
- It is a great home workout set that’s also portable;
- It allows you to perform numerous exercises so you will never get bored;
- All the bands are made of high-quality materials;
- The product comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee;
- The manufacturer offers a lifetime breakage guarantee;
- You will also benefit from a B.M.P. guide that will kickstart your workout routine;
- It features many useful and interesting accessories.
- One user complained about the fact that one of the resistance bands snapped when he tried to use it;
- A few clients said that the rubber isn’t as high quality as the manufacturer claims to.
5. Tribe Resistance Band Set
The Tribe Resistance Bands offer incredible value. It is an affordable home gym set that provides you with all the accessories you will need for a full-body strength workout:
- 5 different resistance bands;
- 2 cushioned foam handles;
- 2 ankle straps;
- A door anchor;
- A waterproof carrying bag.
The lightest resistance band can handle a pressure that reaches up to 5 pounds. The strongest band can support up to 35 pounds. It is a decent portable workout set that many customers are happy with.
- These resistance bands will help you tone all the major muscle groups and strengthen your legs, arms, glutes, abs, and shoulders;
- The handles are durable yet very soft to the touch;
- You can adjust your desired resistance level by combining two or more of the available bands for a personalized weight tension workout;
- These items can be used by anyone, both athletes and fitness fans, anywhere they are.
- There are other workout sets out there that are made of better quality materials;
- Some users reported prevalent band snapping;
- I couldn’t find details about the product’s warranty anywhere on the package.
6. Bowflex Home Training System
The Bowflex Home Gym Device is created to offer you a complete body toning and strengthening workout without having to buy multiple fitness equipment pieces. The product is quite compact and doesn’t occupy a lot of space. With this Bowflex Home Gym, you can perform between 50 and 100 different exercises.
The package also contains a workout DVD and a user manual. Check out our full Bowfled Home Gym Review here.
- It is a versatile home gym system that allows you to do plenty of effective exercises;
- Its size is quite compact and you will be able to keep it in your house without being annoyed by how much space this device takes;
- All the company’s home gym products have great warranties that are available from 5 to 12 years.
- It is a pretty expensive home gym;
- It will take time to assemble this product;
- The standard resistance that this machine offers is lower than other similar home workout devices.
Things to Look for in Any X3 Bar Alternative
There are several characteristics you must take into consideration when purchasing any of the X3 bar alternatives detailed above. Below, you will find some of the most important ones:
- Resistance – the level of resistance refers to the tension a band provides during an exercise. Most portable workout sets include a few bands that feature different tension levels. The resistance ranges from light to extra heavy;
- Portability – the majority of these products are portable and lightweight because they consist of elements like anchor plates, resistance bands, and bars. So, it will be relatively easy for you to place them in your car when traveling and they won’t take up too much space;
- The capacity to build muscle – one thing that many clients want to know is whether or not these weight loss kits will help them built muscle mass or not. The X3 bar is said to help users grow lean muscles better and quicker than free-weight workouts. Fitness specialists say that exercising with resistance bands will indeed boost your body strength;
- The included workout program – each of these portable home gym systems can be used to perform multiple types of movements. Still, to achieve optimal results, you should follow a suitable workout program. For that reason, the ideal X3 bar alternative is a product that also offers instructional videos and training programs.
FAQs About the X3 Bar
It is a training device that lets you exercise at home. It comes with a weight loss and toning program that lasts 12 weeks. The product was designed by a biomedical engineer. Both its steel bar and the elastic tubing are heavy-duty and they enable users to do a wide range of movements that increase bone density, improve body strength, and boost muscle mass.
Some of the best home gym devices that have similar features to the X3 Bar are:
•Body Boss home gym;
•Bowflex workout system;
•Workout accessories that rely on resistance bands.
These two portable home gyms have many things in common. They both rely on elastic bands and they enable the user to adjust their wanted resistance. Both products have bars where you can hook the resistance bands on to. Another innovative feature that these devices have is a footplate. They are compact and allow users to perform a multitude of exercises on them.
Now, let’s discuss some of their differences. First of all, their resistance bands provide different levels of tension. In my humble opinion, the X3 Bar home gym is more of a heavy-duty product compared to Body Boss. You will see these small differences if you watch some of these product’s videos and tutorials.
On the other hand, the Body Boss portable gym is way more affordable than X3 Bar and, let’s face it, the price remains an important factor in many buying decisions.
Although X3 Bar is said to help users grow muscle mass quickly and effectively, any other training device that consists of resistance bands can help you tone your body and develop muscles as long as you use it regularly and do exercises that target different muscle groups.
The Best X3 Bar Alternative – Final Thoughts
All the home gym picks mentioned in today’s article are great alternatives to the X3 Bar device. They are all high-quality and effective fitness products. While there might not be an X3 Bar replacement that offers the exact same features as this popular gear, the options listed above provide good value for the money.