With a plethora of gym equipment available to buy and use in the home, it can be difficult to find the right piece of kit for you. In this article we are going to explore two popular choices; the x3 Bar vs Gorilla Bow.
Home workouts have always been a common thing, but are on the increase as people are becoming more healthy and body-conscious in recent years. With budget always being relevant, you may wonder why to pay for an expensive gym membership when you can have a gym of your own, at home. Making working out more convenient and more affordable than ever.
With lots of gym equipment available that could become a vital part of your home gym system, it can be a little overwhelming to determine which product is the most suited to you. Read on to find out more about the X3 Bar and Gorilla Bow.
- 1 Main Differences Between X3 Bar vs Gorilla Bow
- 2 X3 Bar Vs Gorilla Bow – the equipment compared
- 3 X3 Bar – In detail
- 4 The Gorilla Bow – In detail
- 5 Here are a few alternatives to the x3 Bar and the Gorilla Bow
- 6 Frequently asked questions about the x3 Bar and the Gorilla Bow
- 7 In conclusion, which is better, the X3 Bar or the Gorilla Bow?
Main Differences Between X3 Bar vs Gorilla Bow
The main differences between X3 Bar vs Gorilla Bow are:
- The X3 Bar has a bearing capacity of 600lbs, whereas the Gorilla Bow maximum bearing capacity is 500lbs
- The X3 Bar has a heavy-duty ground plate (for ankle protection), whereas the Gorilla Bow does not.
- The X3 Bar is made from alloy steel, whereas the Gorilla Bow is made of aluminum
- The X3 Bar retails for a higher financial price, whereas the Gorilla Bow is more budget-friendly.
- TheX3 Bar comes with 3 resistance bands, whereas the Gorilla Bow comes with 4.
- The X3 Bar comes with a 12-week workout program, whereas the Gorilla Bow does not.
X3 Bar Vs Gorilla Bow – the equipment compared
Both products are a complete home gym system, offering a full-body workout and promising excellent results. They can both be purchased online for fast delivery and feature similar style resistance bands.
They’re both highly rated online.
With each product you will receive a fully portable home gym system to work out the entire body; core muscles, biceps, and triceps.
Now, to look at each one in more depth:
X3 Bar – In detail
The x3 Bar is a patented x3 training bar system. The x3 name indicates that this adaptive resistance training achieves results three times faster than conventional strength training. If you’re thinking of having a home gym, this product could be an excellent start.
A completely mobile gym that you can take anywhere and begin training immediately. It comes with a 12 week, full video instruction, training program and promises fast results in a short space of time – with just 10 minutes a day being enough to achieve your body goals.
The majority of more traditional training methods require a time period of up to 12 hours weekly, for satisfactory results to be achieved. The x3 Bar promises the same results for a fragment of the time put in – just 1 hour and 10 minutes over the week, in comparison to 12 hours required by other training programs.
So, what do you actually get for your money with the x3 Bar:
- A completely mobile gym, so you can work out at home, in nature, on the beach, or wherever you like
- A scientifically based system, patented to the brand by John Jaquish, PhD
- Alloy steel bar with internal bearings
- Optimized hand grip
- A ground plate which is heavy duty and protects the ankles from the high forces produced by x3
- Custom engineered, layered-latex, and exceptionally thick resistance bands; extra-light, light, medium, and heavy
- Engineers to support over 600lbs of resistance
- It is recommended by professional athletes
- Comes with a 12-week program, which includes; Entry-level guidance about techniques, advanced workout methods for those wanting accelerated growth, exercise and resting tips, nutritional little-to-no meal prep advice, tips for greater results, and fail-proof tactics to promote sleep.
The resistance bands in the x3 are like no other and this is a major selling point for the x3 Bar. The bands are extremely powerful – up to 100 times more so than other bands on the market.
They are so powerful that the challenge in the design was, if they were used alone, ankles and wrists would be at risk of severe damage and so came the Olympic bar and ground plate to complete the home gym system.
During product design, Dr. Jaquish dropped 16lbs of fat and gained 45lbs of muscle and now his device is available to the world, it promises similar or even better results for a sacrifice of just 10 minutes of training per day.
It is recommended for all fitness levels, from the leisurely trainer to the professional athlete.
X 3Bar Packaging and prices
The x3 Bar includes:
- A complete home gym system
- Four x3 resistance bands
- Heavy-duty alloy steel x3 ground plate
Once you open your delivery, you are good to go, with no building or preparation required. The x3 Bar is within the $300-$500 financial bracket and you can purchase the brand’s carry case separately at a reasonable price.
According to the brand’s website, 98% of people who have purchased the X3 Bar would recommend it. Reviewers mention the exceptional band quality setting this system apart from all others. People talk of the fast results and the great convenience you get with the product.
The x3 Bar is said to be easy on the joints and a great way to work out quickly in the morning to set yourself up for the day. Reviews speak of the x3 Bar being great for surgery recovery to rebuild strength and the ability to track your progress through the different strength bands is a bonus.
A couple of reviews I found, mentioned that the bar was too short for them and you’re unable to purchase just the bands – instead of having to buy the whole system, which some people found to be an unnecessary expense.
X3 Bar Pros
- Complete home work out in one purchase
- A patented tried and tested design that is recommended by athletes
- Comes with different resistance strength bands to track your progress and so it is suited to all athletic abilities
- Its 12-week program is included with the purchase and includes an abundance of hacks, tips, advice, and guidance
- 98% of consumers recommend the product
X3 Bar Cons
- It is an expensive purchase, around $300 more than the Gorilla Bow
- You cannot purchase just the bands and have to buy the entire system
- I found a couple of reviews where people complain of the bar not being long enough for them
The Gorilla Bow – In detail
The iron bow-shaped Gorilla Bow can be split into 3 parts and combines a weightlifting bar with resistance bands for a full-body workout and to work for every major muscle group. It is 55.3 inches and weighs 6.6lbs. The Gorilla Bow provides a productive workout without having the bulk and weight of more traditional home gym systems.
The bar is made from thickened aluminum with an industrial-grade powder layer that has been attached to the surface. With an all-inclusive foam grip cover, the bar is comfortable and safe to exercise with, with the risk of slips and falls reduced.
The product comes with 4 different resistance bands, color-coded to show resistance capabilities; Yellow – 10lbs, Red – 20lbs, Blue – 30 lbs, Black – 40lbs. There are an additional bow and arrow trainer available, to gain more resistance training, the suit has 5 different strength drawstrings and weighs 150bl.
What you get with the Gorilla Bow:
- Portable home gym – exercise at home, in the office, on the beach, or wherever you want
- Adjustable resistance – 4 different colored resistant bands to represent different resistant levels
- Full-body workout – with a weightlifting bar and resistance bands, every major muscle group can benefit from the system
- High-quality material – thickened aluminum tube, industrial-grade powder layer
- Maximum bearing capacity of 500lbs
- Soft foam grip handle for comfort and safety
The Gorilla Bow is a budget-friendly home gym system that is suitable for people of all fitness levels, from beginners to professionals. You can incorporate it into an already established routine and make exercises such as squats and crunches, more advanced.
To optimize your results, you could use this gym system alongside a nutrition plan and begin your journey easily and affordably without delay.
Gorilla Bow Packaging and pricing
Gorilla Bow Specs:
- Product Size：55.3*9 inch
- Product Weight：6.6 lbs
- Resistance Bands：Yellow-10 lbs
- Red-20 lbs
- Blue-30 lbs
- Black-40 lbs
With no assembly required, once your delivery has arrived you can begin to train. This is a more affordable home gym apparatus, in the low to the mid financial range.
Gorilla Bow Pros
- 4 different resistance bands for different strength levels
- Mobile gym equipment
- Easy to transport and store
Gorilla Bow Cons
- Doesn’t come with instructions (according to reviews)
- It seems expensive for what it is
- Shipping can be a week or more within the US
Here are a few alternatives to the x3 Bar and the Gorilla Bow
The Foser portable resistance home gym
The Foser portable resistance home gym is a highly rated and highly affordable home gym system. It includes 4 resistance belts that offer good resilience due to their thick, natural latex material. The item is protected with thick foam, which also makes it comfortable to use.
The Foser home gym offers different exercises such as weightlifting, yoga, strength and resistance training, aerobics, and physical therapy. With four different resistance bands, it is suitable for people of all different strength and agility levels. It is easy to store and carry in the handbag provided and the total length of the bar is 58cm.
Whatafit resistance bands set
The Whatafit resistance bands set is the most affordable alternative I have found, retailing at a fraction of the cost of the Gorilla Bar and the X3 Bar, with free shipping. It doesn’t have the iron bar, like the other products, which may account for its lower-end price. It has received nearly 19,000 mostly positive reviews online, so it’s clearly a strong contender for a portable home gym system.
The Whatafit bands set is 100% natural latex and comes with four different colored, adjustable, resistance bands – which are all 36 inches in length. The bands can aid any form of traditional exercise and are great for toning legs, arms, shoulders, the chest, and the core.
Dasking portable home gym
Highly rated online, the Dasking portable home gym is a mid-high budget contender. With a foam grip for the strong metal bar, this can bear 300lbs and ensure high-strength stretching exercises. It works with different brands of resistance bands, giving more flexibility than many of its competitors.
The Dasking portable home gym comes with 4 different levels of resistance bands for different strength levels (and awkwardly, genders!). This a multifunction piece of fitness equipment that can be used within many different exercises, or alone for resistance training and stretches.
This comes with a guide book and a storage bag and includes; 1 exercise bar, 1 door anchor, 2 extra-strength handles, 2 triangle hooks, and 4 resistance bands.
Frequently asked questions about the x3 Bar and the Gorilla Bow
Answer: With free weights, you receive constant resistance. For example, do a bicep curl with a pair of 30lbs dumbbells and the resistance is 30lbs from the beginning of the workout to the end, it won’t vary.
With the x3 Bar, there is variable resistance, which basically increases the resistance during the lifter’s stronger portion and lowers it during the weakest range.
This means that there are much less pressure and stress put on the joints when the lifter is weaker, and more pressure when a person is at their strongest. With maximized, targeted force, the building of greater muscular activity is more optimized using the x3 Bar.
Answer: You can use either product as its own activity and build on resistance training, strengthening your core as well as triceps and biceps. Or you could incorporate a number of traditional exercises, such as; deadlifts, chest press, bicep curls, and squats, for optimized results.
Answer: Resistance training is recommended for people who suffer from arthritis and is known to both alleviate pain, stiffness, and swelling as well as helping to protect the joints. The Gorilla Bow could also be beneficial for people who are post-surgery, receiving occupational or physical therapies, or have osteoporosis.
Answer: There are many benefits, both for a person’s physical and mental health, that come from resistance training. These include; improved muscle tone and strength, maintaining flexibility, weight management, increased stamina, prevention, and control of conditions such as heart disease and diabetes.
Resistance training is also good for pain management, improved posture and comes with an increased bone density and strength. With an improved sense of wellbeing, self-confidence can also be increased, which in turn can decrease the risk of mental health conditions such as stress, anxiety, and depression.
In conclusion, which is better, the X3 Bar or the Gorilla Bow?
The Gorilla Bow is the more affordable home gym system, but having said that there are still cheaper alternatives that promise the same results (almost $100 cheaper, in fact!). With the x3 Bar, you are investing in a patented, scientific creation that is really one of a kind. But, of course, this is reflected in its higher retail price.
Which item suits you the most is going to be down to your willpower, determination, and dedication. If you’re not sure whether you want to commit in the long term to getting fit at home then the less expensive Gorilla Bow is a way to find out. Or maybe you’d prefer to start with different gym equipment, like adjustable dumbells if you don’t think resistance training is for you.
However, if you’re passionate about fitness and fancy trying resistance training, then the x3 Bar could be a good investment that will pay out in increased strength in a guaranteed shorter time. The added benefit to this product is the 12-week training program that is included, which is a way to kickstart your journey, with lots of handy hacks and tips to keep you motivated.